Since we arrived in Chiang Mai, we’ve been staying in a place where we have a grand view of the famous mountain from our 8th floor tiny apartment for three.  Everyday, I’d wake up early and the first thing I do would be to open up the curtains to see whether the mountain is covered by clouds fully, partly or simple clear view with the backdrop of the blue sky.   On a clear day I can see the white and gold temple in the midst of the lush greenery of the mountain.  And what a view it is.

This morning like other mornings, I did as I have done in the past 10 days.  I dutifully took a peek at the mountain after I woke.   Since the time I took the pictures (below) earlier around 7:30 am,  the view of the mountain has changed completely.  Soon it will seem as though the mountain disappeared hiding behind the giant cotton like clouds.  But I know too that soon it will reappear again and mesmerize me so.   And I look forward to the reappearance.

I’m not sure if we’ll have a similar view in our next home (in approximately three months), but for now we have this spectacular view of the famous mountain in Chiang Mai and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Enjoy the photos!

Sawatdee Khaaa from Chiang Mai, Thailand.

0 comments for “The Ever-Changing and Mesmerizing Views of Doi Suthep from our Balcony in Chiang Mai

1. August 3, 2010 at 11:11

Now that’s a view!!!!!

2. August 3, 2010 at 11:27

I’ve seen worse views 🙂 How does it compare to the view back in the USA??

• August 3, 2010 at 11:45

We lived in Midtown (near downtown) Houston and well, we had no view except a square view of downtown skyline from our Master bedroom. It is now 11:40 and the top of the mountain is completely covered with clouds and becoming one with the rest of the sky. No blue sky in sight just a bunch of large cotton balls I can still see parts of the mountain. Way too cool IMHO. Thanks for stopping by Dustin! 🙂

3. August 3, 2010 at 19:48

I love the clouds- it does look like cotton balls 🙂

4. August 3, 2010 at 21:00

Great pictures and great view. I love the panoramic shot.

5. kyung
    August 8, 2010 at 00:01

Hey J, A and M:

That’s a great view. It definitely beats the plano view. I just sent an email to see how you guys are doing… With your travel blog, I think I am getting a good sense. Thanks for sharing…

6. October 7, 2010 at 12:02

Kap Kuhn kaaaa! this brings back memories for me of my last trip to Chiang Mai. I really liked the temple Doi Suthep and the long and winding road going up to see it. You are so blessed to live in such a great environment!