PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE A COMMENT REGARDING YOUR INTEREST TO VOLUNTEER ON THIS PAGE, SEE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VOLUNTEER PAGE.
We have been in the business of helping people for our entire career (that’s over 40 years between the two of us). J as a Psychologist and A as a Social Worker.
Over the years, we’ve been able to give monetarily where most needed. Just to mention a few here–
- Sponsored students to accompany us to Mexico or New Orleans (on service trips)
- Purchased and delivered food and supplies for refugee families
- Organized education events for refugees (w college students)
- Took refugee families to the emergency room, sat with them, and paid for their medications
- Sponsored 10 seat table at a gala to raise funds for a local mental health organization (and invited students to join us at our table)
- Support organizations by attending fundraisers including not limited to galas, concerts, dinners etc. over the years
- Donated items for silent auctions to help with fundraising for local organizations
- Supported local communities and communities abroad regularly
These days we are no longer bringing in the kind of income as we did in our previous years (since mid 2010). We both left our secure jobs and took a risk to live abroad to live a life filled with service. That is exactly what we do in Chiang Mai.
We went back and forth with the idea of whether or not to include a very simple “donate” button. It’s taken us almost two years to finally give ourselves permission to do so. Maybe it was pride. Maybe shame. I’m not so sure. Because the truth is, for as long as we can remember, in our careers as helpers, we’ve been the ones doing the giving. We still give dollars, bahts and especially time and effort.
After posting the Volunteer Page, within about a week we received a donation from someone totally unexpected. Regardless of the amount, we were so touched by the very act. That someone noticed and donated to help us. Yes, to help us!
Stephanie Zito is the second person to ever donate to the Got Passport’s “Help Us Help Others” Fund. You can find her on twitter and website– please do say HELLO and wish her well. We are honored be a part of the Give10 project.
Thank you, Alex and Stephanie, so much, for your kind gesture to support our work. We are humbly grateful.
We will continue to record our donors here on this page because the work we do and our supporters who wish to see us continue doing the work are equally important to us.
Join us. Let us do good work together. Not tomorrow, TODAY!
J, A & M
“Much of what we do is like planting trees under which we may never sit, but plant we must.” – Brother James Kimpton